Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm not ready for Spring!

Call me crazy, but there it is. I feel as if I have been cheated out of winter. Well, more than that really. I feel I've been cheated out of fall.

I need more overcast days where I can wear my "Hi, I'm from Maine" plaid jacket that used to be my mother's. I need more days with flurries - where I can walk outside with a freshly purchased chai tea latte with the wind in my face and the tips of my ears just starting to feel cold. Days that look to be so lifeless and dreary and yet make me feel so alive. Days for curling up on the couch with a hot beverage and a good book. Days where you can hear the wind howl outside your window and see the oak trees rock back and forth (that one might be a little dangerous if the wind were any more powerful...but I think you get the picture). Days very much like today. Even though it's March 5th, this day belongs in November.

Perhaps I didn't miss fall, but I missed the fall experience. Winter happened (it did?) and now it is practically spring (except for the freak blizzard that just erupted outside). When will this schizophrenic weather end?

[EDIT: And at 3:55 PM, the sun is fiercely shining...I know the saying goes for Maine, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes," but I didn't know it applied to New Jersey as well!]

[EDIT #2: And at 4:25 PM, we have another freak blizzard. Go figure.]

No comments: