Friday, April 13, 2007

Post-Easter Update

I am still breathing after the Paschal festival, though just barely with all the work I have to do and the sermon I have to write (which is coming along nicely, if I do say so myself).

But in-between the busy-ness and the late nights and the fast pace of life, I have found some time for jogging. Well, jogging and walking. If you follow the link, you'll find a program designed to get you from couch potato to running 5k in 9 weeks. I have just finished my third week (though I repeated the first one). A group of four of us has been doing this consistently for two weeks now, and I'm so amazed that I can feel the difference. Right now, I'm actually looking forward to doing a bit of jogging (scary, isn't it?)!

It has been a good bit of self-care for me. Plus, if it helps me reach my target weight in time for my wedding, I am all for it!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I did the couch to 5k thing last fall, it was great. I couldn't believe that I could actually run that long. Just don't stop after you get there, which is what I did. Now I have to sorta re-build that endurance. But at least I know I'm capable of it :-)

Melissa said...

Thanks for the tip. :-) I'm (surprisingly) actually really dedicated to maintaining this regimen. I'm actually going to get myself a pair of running shoes!