Wednesday, April 04, 2007

More computer woes...

Apparently, my computer and break time for school don't quite fit together as nicely as I had hoped, seeing as my computer takes the "break" part literally. My power adapter is having..."issues". Dell sent a new one (the part that plugs into your computer and ends in a box). Yet I found out that that wasn't the problem. The actual problem is somewhere in the thingy that plugs into the wall to the thingy that plugs into the box (I believe those are the technical terms too).

Normally this would be OK. Normally, I'd just make sure that the battery can be charged when my adapter has decided to work, and then when it doesn't...I'll still be covered and I can get work done. But no! My battery is one of the one's Dell has recalled. It's already past its potential fire moment though (one day several months ago it got *really* hot and I almost burned myself on my computer), but it only holds 10 minutes of charge, if that. It is most definitely dead. Fortunately my new battery has shipped, and should be here within 6-9 business days. I only hope that my cord issue will be solved then...

No comments: