Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Goings-On at Home

I apologize for the long time between posts, but while I was home, there wasn't much time...and half the time, I couldn't connect to the internet with my computer. If it wasn't my computer, it was the network at home being weird. But since I'm back in New Jersey (even though if I move this laptop I don't know how long it will be before I can connect to the internet again), I have a more reliable connection.

Home was nice. :-) It was good to see my grandmother, though it was a bit difficult finding things to keep her occupied due to her limited mobility. She can still walk, but not very much, and she needs to use a cane when going most places. I drove her up to Colby so she could see where I and my brothers went/go to college, and on the way down we found this cross-stitch store that she absolutely fell in love with. Pheasant Run Needlecrafts. It's a great little store (click to view a web commercial), and I ended up purchasing (well, she bought them for me) two different patterns.

This, however, is what I am currently working on, and I expect that it will take me the better part of the year to finish it. I hope to get far along by the end of the summer, because once the school year starts, all bets are off.

She also taught me to make strawberry jam! We made 15 jars of it, from strawberries that my dad had picked. I took back 4 jars with me.

My other grandmother, who lives closer by, came over a couple of times, and it was the funniest thing to watch the two of them talk together. They're both hard of hearing, so they'd talk, and one would ask a question and the other would switch the subject because she didn't hear the question, or they'd cut each other off without knowing what they were doing. But then again, all they'd talk about were their medical problems and the prescriptions they were taking.

Anyhow, my grandmother said she had the best visit with us. So all in all, it was a success, and it was good to see her.

But now I am back, and I have a meeting with the PPRC tonight! I'm a bit nervous, but since I'm already going there, this is more for them to have the opportunity to meet me and get to know me a bit better, and start ironing out the details of my supervised ministry.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hey, thanks for the welcome! Your post reminded me of hanging out with my Grandma, except that she owns a fabric shop so all of the cross stitches I used to do came from her shop... good memories.