I'm finding it abnormally difficult to concentrate on this chilly, November morning. Perhaps because it's Monday and normally my day off. Perhaps because I can't seem to get the study warm enough for my fingers. Perhaps because I'm being forced to write a sermon for class and I'm just not into it. Perhaps because I can easily think of five better things to do with my time:
1) Start working on designing a website for our new church. We'd have profiles of us, stuff about our process, videos, etc...
2) Pick out the wedding photos I want edited and polished up
3) Start playing around with some graphics design - specifically, see if I can create a new header for my blog
4) Play Sim City 4 or Kingdom of Loathing (equally good options)
5) Knit or do something else crafty
Instead, I have work to do, because this past week was busy. I have to:
1) Write this advent sermon. It's coming along, and I believe everything I'm putting into it, but it's not coming together. It's half-way done. It would be better if we were actually being taught about writing a sermon and using stories and how to call people to action instead of just the generic blah we've been getting.
2) Do an ethics assignment in which we have to design and outline an adult education course on sexuality issues or sexual orientation issues that were raised in our readings for the past week.
3) Laundry, at some point (Ben and I will figure out who gets that pleasure)
So, I'm working in bite-sized chunks. 30 minutes here, (break), 30 minutes there, (break). All breaks are by rule mindless and things I want to do.
Hopefully, if I get everything done today, I can veg out this evening to Chuck and Heroes!