Reverendmother here... those of you who read my blog know I have a love-hate relationship with the 24/7 Christmas music we're
1. A favorite 'secular' Christmas song.
There are two: Sleigh Ride and Carol of the Bells.
2. Christmas song that chokes you up (maybe even in spite of yourself--the cheesier the better)
There really isn't one that makes me choke up -- at least none that I can think of off the top of my head. I'll get back to you on this one.
3. Christmas song that makes you want to stuff your ears with chestnuts roasted on an open fire.
Hahaha....Santa Claus is Coming to Town (as done by the Jackson 5), Wonderful Christmastime (Paul McCartney), and Blue Christmas .
4. The Twelve Days of Christmas: is there *any* redeeming value to that song? Discuss.
Only if it's the Muppet's version, the Sesame Street version, or if it's the version by Allan Sherman.
Interestingly enough, if you want to calculate the cost of all these items in terms of 2006 prices, check out this article from Wikipedia.
5. A favorite Christmas album
I like more of the choral CDs, like the one from Kings College. But...I also really like Kenny G's Christmas album. Call me strange.
Oh, but I do have a favorite: the Peanuts Christmas Album!