1) Do you celebrate 4th of July (or some other holiday representing independence?)
Not really. At least, not this year. Usually, my family has a cookcout of sorts and we go into town to watch the fireworks over the bay.
2) When was the first time you felt independent, if ever?
Hrm. I'd have to say when I went off to college. That was my first time really away from home.
3) If you're hosting a cookout, what's on the grill?
Red hot dogs, of course! They must be a Maine thing, because no where else have I ever found them. Everyone from "away" has never heard about them. But - they're the best!
4) Strawberry Shortcake -- biscuit or sponge cake? Discuss.
Biscuit, hands down. There's no other way to do Strawberry Shortcake. The best is if you make them with the Bisquick mix...and you can smell them cooking....mmm...
5) Fireworks -- best and worst experience.
OK. Best experience: watching fireworks from a sailboat on Martha's Vineyard with a bunch of college friends. Worst: well, this doesn't really qualify, but I ended up having a little accident with some sparklers after watching the fireworks at my youth pastor's house. A spark jumped and lit about 100 of them on fire. After that incident, I was affectionately called "sparky." Although this happened quite a few years ago, I think there still might be a char mark on the sidewalk outside her house...