Monday, March 05, 2007

Some interesting posts

Hello everyone!

Ok, I forgot to post yesterday. I made it back to my room around 11:30 last night, and felt just so tired and lazy that I didn't want to set up my computer and pull something from my brain. So this my confession!

Anyhow, there are a couple of interesting posts that I would like to share:

1) Tattoo at graceisthepoint. He talks about a series he did because a large percentage of his church goers have tattoos or are considering getting them. I found this interesting due to the fact that we had a chapel service one day where our chapel director recounted her experience of getting a tattoo at Shotsie's (just for context, this was part of a January class called Ministry and the Imagination where they focused on the body). Apparently, about half of the people who this individual marks are clergy, which I found to be a fascinating statistic. From time to time I contemplate getting a tattoo and what it would be, but frankly I am too much of a wimp to do it, and I wouldn't want to have it fade and blur and look ugly in 20 or 30 years.

2) My fiancé over at Steeple Soapbox has a couple of posts entitled Stop Preaching (Part One and Part Two). His argument is based on the idea of multiple intelligences, and how what we do in worship really only appeals to one or two of these.

1 comment:

cynic1 said...

the idea of multiple intelligences, and how what we do in worship really only appeals to one or two of these...

And some have NO intelligence, and what do we do for those?

Anyway, I'll go read his post.